Thursday, December 6, 2012

Dodge Poetry Festival

Have I mentioned how much I love the Geraldine Dodge Poetry Festival? In case you don't recall from another post, the Geraldine Dodge Poetry Festival is a biennial festival celebrates accomplished and emerging poets from all over the world and is recognized as the largest poetry event in North America. Some of the festival's major poets have included Derek Walcott, Billy Collins, Lucille Clifton, Sharon Olds, Robert Hass, and Charles Simic. I have only been to the festival twice and would have gone this year for a third time had I not been in Words & Images with all you lovely designers (sigh).

My partner Ryna May recently wrote a blog post for HoCoPoLitSo about the Festival--check it out:

The Dodge Poetry Festival Leaves One Asking, “More Bread, Please!”


Here are a few pictures from my first festival, the last one held in Waterloo NJ (pictured are Sharon Olds, Lucille Clifton, and Mark Doty):



No comments:

Post a Comment